"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On Hearing Different Drummers-Rod McKuen


My sister Ruth Ann, Rod McKuen, and me


ON HEARING DIFFERENT DRUMMERS
for Frank Sinatra

Those who travel gentle in the world are seldom
recognized as gentlemen by others. They go their
own way hopefully secure within themselves
that what they do is honest.
Never must the world be judge or jury. The payment
rests with God.

The verdict known to those men only and carried in
their private pockets. If we must judge, let us use the mirror on our own wall first for practice.

Perspective has its problems, but all a man need do
is look into a stranger's or a friend's good eyes to see
the sunset's truest color. Better than a crystal ball or
the most advanced kaleidoscope.

- Rod McKuen - April, 1968






If you have a favorite McKuen song, poem or story you'd like to share, or a question you need answered, drop me a line (you'll find the address on our Contact Page) and I'll feature your request right here one Wednesday soon.


Taken from Rod's Flight Plan today August 17, 2011
To read more of Rod's wonderfully insightful words please go to A Safe Place To Land http//:www.mckuen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment