"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not The Wrath Of A Loving Father

I do not believe that the acts of nature we have witnessed lately are the wrath of God. There have been terrible tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, and tsunami throughout history. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that in fact if anything, man himself may have some influence through greed,  causing harm to our ecology, and weather patterns.
 
However, we do need to take heed to our Lord's advice in making better choices that affect our very existence.   God needs to be leaned on more in making those choices through prayer. I get upset when my daughters make poor choices as did my mother when I did.  However, neither I nor my mother would set a tornado, flood, earthquake, or tsunami on our children.

I believe in God the father of all and I believe in Jeremiah 29:11: 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

Fear is spread throughout the Internet, and in the media.   Throughout history the "Fear of God" has turned more people away from him, than toward him.  GOD is LOVE. There is no reason that FEAR should be in the explanation of LOVE.

I John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."
When I read the Bible, I have seen much good advice to live by, even when I did not want to listen. We are all children in the eyes of the Lord.  We are HIS Children, and HE wants what is best for us.

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. "  1 John 4:9-10
How to Handle Your Emotions: Anger, Depression, Fear, Grief, Rejection, Self-Worth (Counseling Through the Bible Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment