"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Then Providence Moves Too!

GOD is the Potter We are the Clay
Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.
I have seen this part of that statement show up so many times in my life and exactly right at the moment I needed it:
"then Providence moves too" Providence when capitalized means: God conceived as the power sustaining and guiding human destiny.
One of my dearest old friends posted this to her Facebook page today:
[ A well-known speaker started off his seminar holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it...?" Still the hands were up in the air. 
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air. 
"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. 
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. 
But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, YOU are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special-Don't EVER forget it."  ]
My friend Steve Maraboli who is a renowned motivational speaker and talk radio show host out of NYC always seems to know exactly what I am going through on any given day.    I joke with him as though he is clairvoyant. His post today was this:  "My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me." - Steve Maraboli
Another of Steve's quotes that I love is: 
"Stop letting others define you! Stop letting others dilute you! You weren't created to live their life; you were created to live yours - so LIVE it! You can reignite that fire within and bring the passion back into your goals, dreams, ambitions, careers, and relationships by reclaiming control of your own life. Be unapologetically YOU!" - Steve Maraboli
Psalm 118: 24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment