"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

For Gabby, A Beautiful Day

On July 14, 2011 my daughter Jennifer and I had the pleasure of joining my cousin Kathy in attending the U2 360 Concert in the Lincoln Financial Field Stadium, Philadelphia, PA. For me the highlight of this truly amazing concert was when we the audience were beamed up to Major Mark Kelly aboard the International Space Station where he recited lyrics to their song Beautiful Day which was a song requested by his wife U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords as their wake up call while on the Space Station. Listen to the very end of the song as Bono sings David's Bowie Space Oddity lyrics, "Tell my wife I love her very much she knows".

Because of the unfortunate almost fatal injuries that have changed the course of this dedicated public servant's life and career this past week as she stepped down from her position in Congress, I posted this video again. I find this message from a very loving husband to be a defining moment in a truly loving relationship. It sends the message to us all that love and family are most important, and surely a major stepping stone in healing and recovery. I wish them both many blessings and a full recovery for Gabby. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Wishing many Beautiful Days for them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment