"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy 41st Anniversary to my sister Irene and her husband Allen!

Happy Anniversary to my sister Irene and her husband Allen who have been married for 41 years today. If I were wealthy I would have bought you guys a trip to your beloved Rocky Mountains! But since I'm not, here is a card that I created for the both of you. I chose John Denver's "Song For All Lovers" for the words.
  The year 1971, when a wedding reception was held in a local social hall not a huge country club, when it cost a hundred or so dollars at the most and didn't put the family into debt.  When family members brought their signature dish to add to the homemade culinary feast! The wedding cake came from the now defunct New York Italian Bakery that was on South Main Street in Phillipsburg.  They were married at the First Lutheran Church in Stewartsville,NJ, and the reception was at the Slovak American social club that sat between Prospect and Lincoln Streets in Phillipsburg. It is bitter sweet to look at the above photo of my parents and Allen's parents that no longer bless us with their physical presence, but will forever remain to guide us and live within our hearts. Wonderful memories of that blessed day! Wishing Irene and Allen many more!

2 comments: