"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Saturday, July 7, 2012

We Are The People


I saw this photo on my Facebook way this morning.
"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
John F. Kennedy

If you know this story,  no one in Oz could actually help Dorothy find her way home. Her lesson was that she had the power to help herself all along the way. The truth is we have grown to think that our government is there to make our lives better when in fact we are here to make life better for ourselves and not allow the Big Corp. government to run our lives.  We are the people, we have to start in our own home, our own family, and make that difference.  It is all too common place that we make mistakes in our lives and expect others to correct them.  How often have we said, "Dear God help us make this right." When we should be saying, "Dear God show us the way so we can make this right."  



Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment