"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Friday, November 25, 2011

A Heartwarming Family Thanksgiving That Was Super Fun For All!

I am so thankful and blessed for my wonderful family.   This year my daughter Jennifer and her husband Ariel hosted the Thanksgiving Dinner.  Everyone contributed something to the meal.  Jennifer won the thirty pound turkey at work, and it was fresh and delicious; cooked to perfection.  Ariel kept testing it with a meat thermometer to insure it was thoroughly cooked, yet not over done and dry. Jen's totally homemade PA Dutch Stuffing was out of this world!  She also  used her food processor to create a mouth watering cranberry orange relish.  And as if that wasn't enough she had jellied cranberry,  glazed carrots, and broccoli.  She also contributed a pumpkin roll and red velvet roll made by a friend from where she works. 

My daughter Jamiann brought scrumptious hors d'oeuvres and a delightful whipped pumpkin dip served with ginger snaps and graham crackers.  Jami and Mike also brought along an ice cream cake to help celebrate Abigayle and Jake's birthdays. Each year they combine the Nov. 11th birthday of Jake, and the Dec. 11th birthday of Abby into one party.  Well, their family will be going to Disney World in December where they will celebrate in Cinderella's Castle on December 11th, so the ice cream cake was to share their birthday celebration with family.

My sister Irene brought her family famous cole slaw, and beverages(non-alcohol kind).  My sister Ruth Ann brought her Farmer's Fair Award Winning pies, Vanilla Cream, Pumpkin, and Apple.  I brought the Caramelized Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts, a salad, and the kid's favorite marshmallow topped candied sweet potatoes. 

Where is Santa?
We hung around Jen and Ariel's home for awhile, conversing, and waiting for the food to settle as darkness fell upon Port Clinton, PA.  We all then piled into three vehicles and headed over to Koziar's Christmas Village just outside of Berneville, PA.  What a fabulous, fun time we all had there!  I don't care how old you are, at Christmastime you are a kid!  Who doesn't love to see millions of twinkling lights, and kids racing around each corner to see a wonderland of Christmas Cheer!

I am so truly blessed!  Thank you God for all of this LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment