"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Lenten Sacrifice

Today is the first day of Lent.  I am giving up negative thinking.  The great inspirational speaker and pastor Robert Schuller created an acronym for LENT: Let's Eliminate Negative Thoughts.  So that is my Lenten sacrifice, Negative Thinking. This is a hard task, given that we live in such a negative thinking society with many daily trials,  dealing with others who enjoy creating havoc.  I will be diligent in prayer, and HE who came to save the world will see me through. 


The Way Home by Mattie Stepanek
“Sometimes the way home is love.
Sometimes the way home is together.
And sometimes the way home is
Not just love,
But loving each other.
And sometimes the way home is
Not just together,
But together with other people . . .
People you love a lot,
People you like a lot, and
People you are friends with.
But all of the times, the way home is
Every good thing that God told us to do.” 


The Word Of The Lord: "Whoever wishes to be my follower must deny his very self, take up his cross each day, and follow in my steps."                                   – Luke 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment