"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Words Of A Wise Man on Muck Raking

Likeness Of President Theodore Roosevelt On Mount Rushmore
 "There are, in the body politic, economic and social, many and grave evils, and there is urgent necessity for the sternest war upon them. There should be relentless exposure of and attack upon every evil man whether politician or business man, every evil practice, whether in politics, in business, or in social life. I hail as a benefactor every writer or speaker, every man who, on the platform, or in book, magazine, or newspaper, with merciless severity makes such attack, provided always that he in his turn remembers that the attack is of use only if it is absolutely truthful... from John Bunyan’s 1678 classic, Pilgrim’s Progress you may recall the description of the Man with the Muck-rake, the man who could look no way but downward with the muck-rake in his hands; Who was offered a celestial crown for his muck-rake, but who would neither look up nor regard the crown he was offered, but continued to rake to himself the filth of the floor.”    Theodore Roosevelt
 
I remember learning about the Muck Rakers like Upton Sinclair in College English III with Mr. Emery while attending Phillipsburg High School way back in 1969.  I thought perhaps it would be an honorable thing to do; exposing those who take advantage of the regular man who plods on each day to keep a roof over the heads of his family.  


This is why I write my little blog here on BlogSpot to perhaps make a small difference in this world that the Lord our God has given us in good faith.


I am thankful for my two thousand(As per Mixmap) or so readers from as many as 22 different countries since its inception.  Just in the past three months I have tracked with the flags on the left margin, and have gained around 1525 readers from 12 countries. 


Because I value my readers, I strive to report only the absolute truth and you will notice that I often refute the lies that are so callously spread throughout the Internet.  


Tabloid style journalism is so disgraceful. They spread lies faster than a  wild brush fire in California.  Then they wonder why they are not respected by the real journalists that report fact not fiction. 

They have been offered the celestial crown and choose to continue to rake to themselves the filth of the floor!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment