"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ice Cream Is Good For Your Soul, As Heard On The Hour Of Power...

A little boy was eating dinner at a restaurant with his family. He asked if he could say grace. His father said, "Of course!" He bowed his head and uttered, "Dear God thank you for the food we eat, thank you for the world so sweet, please have daddy let me have ice cream for dessert, with liberty and justice for all amen." 

Just then an elderly lady nearby was overheard saying, " Children today do not know how to pray, they are disrespectful." 

The little boy overheard her and looked very sad. Just then an elderly man who heard it all walked over knelt down and said, " I heard your very excellent prayer, and just wanted you to know that I heard that ice cream is good for the soul." The boy smiled in approval. 

Very soon a huge ice cream sundae was placed in front of him. He stood up and took the sundae over to the elderly lady placing it in front of her and said, " Ice Cream is good for your soul, and my soul is good already, here this is for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment