"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Miracle, Local Hero, September 11, 2001

Today we must recognize that there were many who were saved on that tragic day September 11, 2001. One particular story stands out in my mind because one of the heroes is related to several of our friends from Alpha. Bill Butler is the cousin of our friend Cheryl, nephew of our friends Myrna, and Mel. This story gives me the chills, as it was absolutely one of GOD'S miracles, and Bill was chosen by GOD to be HIS instrument!
 To read the entire story: Click Here
Quote from the story: Bill Butler: “And I was kind of lifting and guiding her at the same time. As I was going down, she seemed like she was scared, and I just, I said, you know, ‘What’s your name?’ And she said, ‘My name is Josephine.’ And I said, ‘Josephine, we’re going to get you out of here today.”

They hadn’t fought the fire that day, but maybe they could save a life. They never suspected the exhausted woman leaning on Billy Butler, would wind up saving all of their lives by forcing them to stop when everyone else was fleeing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment