"I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road." James Taylor

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Working From Home


I have recently been hired as a Quality Assurance Analyst Consultant, and will be working from my own home office, five days a week Mon.-Fri. four hours a day. (Obtained through my local office for Occupational Vocational Rehabilitation for Disabled)There are so many perks that come with working from home. I can work in my "jammies", and not even brush my hair. The cost of gasoline is at an all time high, and I won't need to use a drop for my morning commute. I will just be filling up with the essence of mocha java, and not paying the price of a cup from Dunkin Donuts.

When I commuted to New Jersey daily for four years, I wore out several sets of tires, paid tolls daily, and put wear and tear on three different cars. Then there are clothing. lunch, and shoe allowances. Gee I will not even have to wear shoes now. I won't have to call in sick, just drag my butt to the computer, and I won't have to worry about driving in the snow or rain. I will actually be living a much safer life, and perhaps the cost of my car insurance may go down!

During the summer of 2009 I had been offered a stipend by the Kutztown Board Of Education to act as a mentor at their summer workshop for teen writers. There are many corporations that offer very lucrative stipends for professional consultants.

There are tons of work from home opportunities for the writer.  I am sure that no one could or would challenge the fact that most published authors work from home.  

The Engineering field is wide open in the use of professional consultants. Some of the fields of engineering have seen a decline in employment in the United States, however a consultant can find work by outsourcing to other countries where manufacturing is a booming industry.

A Chemical Engineer for instance could use Internet Conferencing to India, or China with a major corporation sharing their expertise in their field, other times they fly to the country where they are needed for their expertise.

The computer, and the Internet have opened up a wide array of at home jobs, one need not ever leave their home, not even to spend the money they make. There are mystery shoppers, quality assurance consultants, travel sales reps, and many more. Here are a few links to help someone get started:

http://education-portal.com/articles/Engineer_-_Chemical_Educational_Requirements_for_Entering_the_Field_of_Chemical_Engineering.html

http://www.eec-tampabay.com/

http://www.insidejobs.com/jobs/environmental-engineer


http://www.betweenmoms.com/telecom/index.html

http://www.mystery-shoppers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment